At the HeARTwood Festival in August one of the interactive workshops that people could get involved in was writing their wishes to the new forest on biodegradeable paper. The artist, Joanna Scott made a fantastic display of all your thoughts, wishes, poems, feelings and drawings about this new, exciting project.
I wanted to share some these with you and let you know what local people think about this project:
• Hope and best wishes for the forest and all the animals who will make it their home.
• Dear Forest, I like climbing your trees. By Tom, aged 5
• Thank you for choosing SANDRIDGE for this fantastic forest. And there are fairies who welcome the re-joining of their woods! By Penny.
• When I’m older I will come back to see all the beautifully tall trees. I think it’s great that we can enjoy trees. By Olivia, aged 12.
• Happy forest, happy people!
If you’re quick you can still see this elegant display in Langley Wood but you may have to look a little harder than before as it’s starting to fade into the woodland. If you didn’t get a chance to add your comments then now’s the time. It’s dead easy to login in and leave your thoughts and feelings about Heartwood so why not give it try!